If you have an interest in learning more about social investing, the AVPN Southeast Asia Social Investment Summit is the best platform to find out what is currently making great strides forward in the field.
We are looking for adept and spirited individuals to assist in the day-to-day running of the summit. We’d love for you to apply if you’re up for a challenge and meeting new people. Volunteers are required to commit for the whole duration of the summit to different roles that include:
The session coordinator ensures that all aspects of the session is taken care of so that the session runs smoothly. This includes making sure the room is ready, connecting with the speakers, as well as ensuring that the session keeps to the designated time, ushering and assisting delegates in their queries.
As a contributor to the AVPN blog, the blog writer has the editorial experience to turn content into digestible pieces that engage an international audience who are seeking to learn about the latest trends in social investing.
The individual will attend the designated sessions at the summit and accurately and effectively capture the event proceedings. At the end, he or she will produce an engaging blog article written in English based on the editorial guidelines provided by AVPN. This will be published on the AVPN website.
In addition, the writer will take notes via his or her preferred method (handwritten, types, recorded, photographs, handouts, etc). The notes should include the main points and takeaways from the presentation, both spoken or shown in the presentation.
Preference will be given to individuals who are proficient in written and oral English, and familiar with the themes in the social investment landscape. Please provide 1-2 writing samples of previously published work in English.
Front of House
Front-of-house personnel must enjoy working with people and have the ability to stay calm when faced with a large crowd. Delegates will expect you to have an answer to everything, so familiarise yourself with the conference schedule and other information you believe will contribute to an overall positive summit experience.
You will assist in welcoming delegates to the summit, assist them with registration, distribute summit materials, ushering them to the summit venues and answer general enquiries.
General duties for all volunteers
- All conference team staff, including volunteers, are expected to assist and host delegates. This refers to ushering from point to point, greeting of delegates, providing information about conference programme and venues.
- Where required, you may be roped in to assist in ad hoc duties.
- When you are not involved in any duties, you are welcome to attend the conference sessions. You may also interact with delegates and speakers for networking but preferably during the evening reception.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Attend the mandatory volunteers’ briefing and assist in pre-event preparation activities on 11 Feb.
- Be responsible and commit to the agreed schedule
- In return for your time with helping us make the inaugural Southeast Asia Social Investment Summit an extremely rewarding experience for all involved, we offer you the opportunity to meet some of the world’s best known leaders from social finance, commerce, governmental and academic sectors. You will also have the opportunity to meet organisations supported by some of our members to see firsthand the benefits of impact investment partnerships in practice.
- Access to all Summit Sessions, once shift is complete or as duties allow.
- Meals will be provided during volunteering hours.
- A certificate of appreciation
As AVPN is a non-profit entity, please note that we are unable to reimburse any volunteers for any accommodation and travel expenses incurred in the course of travelling to the summit.
To apply, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.